Saturday, April 26, 2008

Visual Studio: Access denied when attaching debugger to process

The other day when I was working within Visual Studio 2005 on Vista, I encountered the problem that I couldn't attach the debugger to some of the processes that I wanted to run in the debugger. The solution that worked for me was pretty simple: I closed Visual Studio and then selected "Run as administrator" from the context menu for the shurtcut to the application. This is certainly not the recommended way of bypassing security but on the other hand it may come in handy when needed. Prerequisite is that you have access to an account that has administrative rights. If you don't you may need to have a nice chat with your system administrator...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, questions and other feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!