Saturday, May 09, 2009

Handling of middle mouse click in Firefox 3.0

Just had a "experience" of the undesired kind. Normally when you use the middle mouse button on a link in Firefox, it opens the page in a new tab. Well, when you use the middle mouse button on the tab (even when not hitting the little close button) then it closes the tab! Not quite what I expected. I thought it would take the link of what is displayed in that tab and open a new tab with that link. I just lost quite a lot of work that I just had entered into a web form. :-( Oh, well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For future reference, if you hit ctrl + shift + T afterwards, it'll reopen the tab, likely with all the form data restored.

Manfred Lange said...

Anonymous, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that next time.

Post a Comment

All comments, questions and other feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!