Friday, May 24, 2013

Xamarin Studio: Hello, world! fails to build

I just purchased, installed and tried out Xamarin Studio. My motivation is that I want to try out this C#-based approach towards developing applications for Android.

Not that I want to move away from Visual Studio. I’m just working through a few examples and wanted to rule out VS as an influencing factor.

Problem is that the Hello World example already failed. The error message was “The “Aapt” task failed unexpectedly.” And there was also a “System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements” and an error code “MSB4018”. Here is a screenshot:

image

To solve it launch the Android SDK Manager. In my case it showed that there was a new update for the Android DSF Platform-tool and also showed that the Android SDK Build-tools were not installed. I just left all checked/unchecked as it was and installed what was checked. Admittedly not very selective but it did the trick. Now it’s building.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, questions and other feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!